Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

THANK GOODNESS I CAN SEE IN THE DARK.

Happy May everyone, I hope the month has been treating you well so far! As I sit down and begin to write to you, I'm in a Cigar shop with my boyfriend, Rob. Yes, a cigar shop! Just two years ago I would've balked at the idea of sitting in a shop like this; afterall, I've never even finished a whole cigarette, so I would have easily passed this place by. But, for the past couple of months, I've accompanied Rob inside this shop meeting men from various backgrounds, who share a similar love of smoking fine cigars. As odd as it may sound, it's peaceful here, the colors are warm, the wood is polished so beautifully that you can almost catch your own reflection, there's a wall full of beautifully crafted pipes, and cigars for every palate. My boyfriend and are the youngest in the shop this afternoon, while he sits in a section of the shop that looks much like a formal living room chopping it up with men that look like they just came from the golf course, I sit at a desk set up by the shop owner for me to be comfortable while I write. Being the only woman in the shop has its benefits! Within moments a chess game takes place in the corner, I notice Rob gravitate to that section, because mastering chess is his mission; and I, begin to feel the inspirational flow of writing enter the room.
I've been doing a lot of self reflecting lately, a "self status check" if you will, in part because I'm approaching my birthday in June and also because my life is the only one I have to live, so I want to make sure I'm doing a good job at it. Just sitting in this shop today, I realize how reserved I was in my twenties, which some may find hard to believe since our twenties are often said to be a wild and crazy decade. As a child, I feared not making it past my high school graduation...I thought the world would've come to an end by then...in fact, I remember a sinking feeling in my stomach when as a child I attended my oldest sister's high school graduation, knowing mine would be coming up in a few short years, which meant Doom's Day. Once I made it past my graduation year I felt so relieved...and the world was still in tact! At 24, when my psychic abilities came to the surface and I began doing readings for a living, I walked very carefully in fear that one false move would wipe my abilities away...I've since learned that is not the case either. I laugh thinking back on some of the many beliefs I had!! I did learn a lot of responsibility during those years but I also lived fearing the death of who I was. So now, as I prepare to bid adieu to age 35, having a better grasp on who I am, and why I'm here, my eyes have definitely opened for me to see more of what makes up this thing called life.
What if you were told that the average person only uses 40% of their true vision? You're initial response might be to question what that means? Well, in a nutshell, fear and lack of self presence impede our sight. Yesterday, as I was doing the second series of recordings for my 2012: A Channel's View, the messages that came through were stressing the importance of keeping our eyes open. As it was stated during my channeling, our eyes are being overly stimulated from the lights we sit under, what we see on television, and other external stimuli that distracts us from seeing truth. As a result, we often miss a lot of the things that really matter including what our intuition is trying to tell us over the advise of others, our own fears, and life's distractions.
When entering my room, the first thing I do is cut on the light...why? Because I can't see in the dark.
What if you turned off all the lights in your home and sat and observed your surroundings? For many this can be an uncomfortable thought because the mind may go directly to feeling unsafe. If that is the case, walk throughout your house and once you've established that your safe, cut off the lights. I tried this and my first instinct was to close my eyes but instead I kept them open and just became aware of my presence in the room, I began to become aware of what was around me, and soon my eyes began to adjust to the lack of light and a certain peace came over me. We often navigate through life in the dark, unsure of what's ahead for us, fearful or impatient over the unknown, and looking for the light switch. Our beliefs, upbringing, or relationships may cause us to think that what we see, or what we have is all that life has to offer. When what's needed instead is for us to be still in this place, allow all of our senses to turn up, and the uncomfortable feeling to be transformed into peace, resulting in a clearer idea of what's the best next course of action. I can't tell you how many times I have told clients during a reading that they are exactly where they are suppose to be...welcome this place. It's not always easy to hear, because it can feel so uncomfortable, but it's needed. We become sharper that way.
What does keeping our eyes open look like in our daily lives? Avoiding the temptation of getting caught up in other's drama, or creating our own for that matter; monitoring our emotional reactions to what we're watching on tv, what are we buying into? Noticing our outlook on life, are we residing in fear or in a settled posture trusting that where I am is where I'm suppose to be? Are our opinions of ourselves or our lives being dictated by someone else's opinion of what's best for us? In uncertainty, how are you adjusting your eyes? What reality is your perception creating? What are we missing by keeping ourselves distracted?
Fortunately, over time I became less protective of myself (from a fear based place) and more welcoming of what my life wants to show me, and I hope I help you do the same. Through both the joys and discomforts of our lives, keep looking to achieve a greater fullness because in life, no matter how much we think we know, if willing, our eyes can always show us more.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jenice for the wise words. As I have been very uncomfortable and cannot quite put my finger on what it is, I know I must pass thru this for more to be revealed

    ReplyDelete